Statistical Learning Notes (Series)
This is the pilot post of blog post series ‘Statistical Learning Notes’, this post covers the context, table of content & links to upcoming posts of this series topic-wise.
Linear Model Selection and Regularization (coming soon…)
Moving Beyond Linearity
Support Vector Machines
Want to learn more? visit www.ankitrathi.com
I have worked on various data science projects till date, but I feel that theoretically I still need to cover a lot of ground, that too when the field itself is evolving. In order to do that, I am reading couple of books on data science and making notes to refer in future.
Recently, I have published similar series on Probability & Statistics for Data Science:
This series will cover my notes on ‘Introduction to Statistical Learning (ISLR)’, here I have tried to give intuitive understanding of key concepts and how these concepts are connected to statistical learning.
This blog-post series will be covering following topics:
1. Statistical Learning blog-post introduces the basic terminology and concepts behind statistical learning.
3. Resampling Methods blog-post discuss various methods estimate the accuracy of a number of different methods in order to choose the best one.
4. Linear Model Selection and Regularization blog-post consider a host of linear methods, which offer potential improvements over standard linear regression.
6. Moving Beyond Linearity blog-post introduces us to the world of non-linear statistical learning.
7. Tree-Based Methods blog-post covers tree-based methods including bagging, boosting, and random forests.
8. Support Vector Machines blog-post as the name suggests covers intuitive understanding of SVMs.
9. Unsupervised Learning blog-post considers a setting in which we have input variables but no output variable.
If you are looking for similar learning curve, stay tuned.
Thank you for reading my post. I regularly write about Data & Technology on LinkedIn & Medium. If you would like to read my future posts then simply ‘Connect’ or ‘Follow’. Also feel free to listen to me on SoundCloud.